Vacation Planner & Things-To-Do at The Redwoods in Wawona
- Bear Walk Scavenger Hunt: Wawona is home to over 20 carved bears. Visit The Redwoods In Yosemite for a map. Take a Bear Walk and receive a “I Bear Walked at The Redwoods In Yosemite” Bandana!
- Geocaching: Visit The Redwoods In Yosemite office for a map of coordinates to our hidden Caches. Take pictures of all four and receive a “I Geocached at The Redwoods In Yosemite” Bandana!
- Within walking distance from The Redwoods In Yosemite: (Summer) Wawona Pioneer History Center, Barn Dances, and Carriage Rides, (Weather Permitting) Horseback Riding, and Golf, (Winter) Badger Pass Ski Resort and Ice Skating.
- Explore: Visit The Redwoods’ Office to receive a map for the Historic Swinging Bridge Trail, Chilnualna Falls Trail, the Wawona Meadow Loop, Swimming, Fishing Holes and More!
- Play with your pets: We have Pet Friendly Homes and plenty of places to walk your pets including the Wawona Meadow Loop (Yosemite Park’s only unpaved pet friendly trail)!
- Visit Mariposa Grove: FREE Shuttle from Wawona to the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias and Yosemite Valley! (Offered by Yosemite Park seasonally)